Compound Herbal Cough Elixir produced by the Eclectic Institute is recommended and used widely as a cough and asthma treatment by physicians and naturopaths worldwide.
I first heard about this herbal compound from an article I read entitled “Notes on the Herbal Treatment of Asthma.” I was researching white pine bark for an update to my “OPC Antioxidant” article and came across it by accident.
Compound Herbal Cough Elixir, in particular, intrigued me because of it’s unique mix of ingredients, especially the Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra), white pine bark (Pinus strobus) and the wild cherry bark (Prunus spp.).
Here is the full list of ingredients found in Eclectic Institute Compound Herbal Cough Elixir:
- Dried Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Dried organically grown Elecampane root (Inula helenium)
- Fresh organically grown Red Clover blossoms (Trifolium pratense)
- Dried wildcrafted Wild Cherry bark (Prunus spp.)
- Dried organically grown Horehound flower & leaf (Marrubium vulgare)
- Fresh organically grown Gumweed flower & leaf (Grindelia robusta)
- Dried wildcrafted Lobelia leaf & seed (Lobelia inflata)
- Dried Fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare)
- Fresh Freeze-Dried Lomatium root (Lomatium dissectum)
- Dried wildcrafted White Pine bark (Pinus strobus)
- Fresh wildcrafted Poplar bud (Populus spp.)
- Bitter orange essential oil
- A base of kosher vegetable glycerin & water
- Organic Grape Alcohol Content of 15%
According to the “Eclectic Institute,” the ingredients found in their “Compound Herbal Cough Elixir” were carefully chosen for their ability to work together simultaneously in treating your asthma symptoms, purifying your bloodstream and stimulating your immune system.